PARTNER – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Location – Remote with HQ in Minneapolis, MN
About this role:
Marabek is a US based international management advisory firm specializing in manufacturing and related financial operations. This is an opportunity to earn and become an equity partner in a growing firm in a post-pandemic economy. This newly created role is a professional business development position requiring the development and management of a selective list of targeted US based private and public companies across industrial, automotive, consumer, aerospace, medical and commercial manufacturing sectors including partnering with banking and private equity firms.
We need partners who appreciate CxOs facing immense demands to meet performance objectives. We seek advisory partners comfortable engaging at peer-level with board members, investment teams, and portfolio company C-suite leaders. We offer select companies’ executive fractional leadership resources to supplement roles needed to improve corporate outcomes using a metric driven process.
Your goal is to research, qualify, make initial contact, and schedule introductory meetings with prospective new clients. In addition, you will assist Marabek senior partners by preparing a dossier for each new prospect as well as manage existing/current client relationships. After initial contact and assessment is completed, you will help execute strategic objectives with the client. Our approach is to generate robust, long-term growth and increase value for the client. Our objective is to execute the client’s vision and strategy, shape business level strategies and drive large cross-functional initiatives for the client.
We are a very professional and customer service oriented advisory firm with a globally driven mindset. Marabek will provide onboarding, training, and support to ensure your success. This is a Minneapolis, MN based position but can be remote depending for the interim based on logistics and target geographic market.
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Partners to help build relationships and business develop Private Equity and clients across industries to develop the firm's services.
- Grow with new business accounts through consultative selling.
- Manage client communications and events on an ongoing basis.
- Expect to professionally manage highly complex client organizational dynamics.
- Play a critical role in our client facing advisory process and travel to client sites.
- Prepare documentation and presentations to support engagements.
- Develop competencies across multiple industries and countries.
- Assist in due diligence process, M&A transactions, financial modeling, business analysis and strategic planning for select clients.
- Handle incoming business opportunities from prospective clients.
- Network and partner with affiliate firms to develop referrals and promotional events.
- Some travel may be required across the US, Europe, China, and Mexico
You will have:
- Advisory experience at a major strategy consulting house, boutique strategy firm, investment banking and/or private equity fund.
- Track record and knowledge in prospecting, qualifying, soliciting and engaging clients in management advisory or transactional relationships.
- Strong know-how in building a pipeline of qualified leads and strategically network among CxO and Board of Director level executives across various business sectors.
- Exceptional initiative -- a well-organized, well-planned, self-starter
- A drive and desire to achieve high compensation (>$300k+/yr)
- Customer service focus and a professional approach to building long-term relationships.
- Financial or accounting related experience a huge plus.
- Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word is required
- MBA or CPA preferred
- Ethics -- must be ethical and utilize sound judgement and character in all dealings.
- Confidentiality - Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
- Professional maturity, with the highest level of integrity
- Close attention to detail, with a high degree of accountability
- Self-motivation, ambition, and desire for increased responsibility
- Good sense of humor, cultural fit and historical success working in a small team environment.
- Combination of self-confidence and humility; views success as the success of the entire team
This is a contract-basis, COMMISSION-ONLY POSITION. Highly effective Partner typically earn more than $300,000+ annually, but there is no upside limit and no ceiling on your net earnings, which depend, to a large extent, on your own efforts and results. However, selling a business is an extended process with a very long sales cycle, so a new Partner should be prepared to go an average of 6 months before collecting their first check. We have developed a lucrative comp plan based on milestones, fees and revenue-based incentives.
This opportunity provides the platform to work in a fast changing advisory business in a post-pandemic world. The team in Minneapolis expects rapid growth across US and offers a early participation in the firm's development. If you think you are ready to be a part of a growing organization and can work independently to someday define your future, this could be your last "job". What we want is a business development partner with a strong desire to be successful and can apply dedicated effort. We are entrepreneurially spirited and are looking for like-minded future leaders to help grow Marabek globally.
Still interested? Send in your resume/CV to email@example.com and let’s have a chat to explore if this role is for you.
PARTNER – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT / Location – Remote with HQ in Minneapolis, MN